This chart shows you readings of vibration and temperature during a set time window.
How can it help you?
Use this chart to look for trends in vibration or temperature to discover how your equipment is changing. It is most powerful when used in conjunction with the AI Output chart.
Some trends to look out for include:
- An upward trend especially if it is accelerating - this is likely related to deteriorating equipment condition
- Recurring changes - which could be certain parameters affecting the way the equipment operates or could be related to process changes
How does it work?
As with all our charts, you can click on any of the datasets to toggle them off/on and the date selector will be the same for all of the charts on the page.
On the left hand axis is the temperature which is represented by the black line on the chart. On the right hand axis is the RMS (vibration) which is represented by the blue line on the chart. For each sample that the FitMachine sensor sends there will be a data point for temperature and RMS.
Also shown on the graph is the running cut-off in red. This is how the system determines whether the equipment is running or not. If the RMS is about the running cut-off then the system considers the equipment as running.
The cog in the top right corner allows you to access several features that make the system work for you. These include:
- Adjusting the running cut-off: This feature allows you to adjust the level of vibration which determines if the equipment is running or not. Primarily used when nearby equipment increases the base level of vibration of the monitored equipment.
- Adjusting the learning start date: This feature allows you to restart the learning of your FitMachine sensor if needed
- Measured Data Alarms: This feature allows you to set thresholds where your equipment is vibrating too hard or running too hot, to assist with maintenance
What else should I look at?
Other features that may be beneficial to you include:
Thanks for reading. As always, if you have any questions or concerns please reach out to MOVUS Support here.